Apprentice Outdoor Instructor
AMAZING OPPORTUNITY - TIME TO WORK IN THE OUTDOORS
Do you love working in the outdoors? Love working with enthusiastic young minds? Want to help develop people and help them reach their full potential? A career in the outdoor industry is extremely rewarding, once you’ve started running your own sessions you’ll never look back.
What we are offering with the role:
- Your chance to get a range of qualifications- First Aid, Paddle Sport Instructor, Archery Instructor, Bell Boat Helm, plus others
- Thorough Induction process including training on our High Ropes Course
- Work with a diverse range of clients.
- Opportunities to develop ongoing group programs.
- Quality outdoor uniform.
- Professional development workshops.
- Further opportunities to take different key roles within the organisation.
This apprenticeship sets you up to begin your career in the outdoors – from here it’s up to you where you want to go what you want to do. Previous instructors at LOPC have gone on to:
- Senior or management roles within the team at LOPC
- Working for outdoor centres around the world including Norway, Switzerland, Ireland, Canada and New Zealand.
- Taken a full time contract instructing at LOPC
- Gone on to an Outdoor Education Degree at university
- Work full time at Centre Parcs
- Work with alternate education provisions at specialist schools
- Become a freelance instructor – working all over the UK
- Gain their teaching qualification and worked with schools on their outdoor education provision
There are lots of directions you can take with your new skills and qualifications. The choice is yours.
Who are we....
Located on the River Soar, Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre is a vibrant, friendly place providing land and water based activities and courses to people from the local area and beyond.
We have over 27,000 users per year, aged from 5yrs upwards of all abilities and background. Our users include:
- Activate After School Club
- Schools and Colleges
- Holiday Schemes
- Families and individuals
- Corporate training.
- LOPC also provides a diverse annual coach education programme for land and water activities.
- Assisting and then eventually leading activities
- Assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of equipment and site
- Liaising with customers and other members of staff
Hourly rate: from £5.28 per hour
Working hours: 30 hours a week, a few weeks a year may extend to 6 days. Some weeks can go up to over 40 hours, any extra hours worked are taken back as TOIL during quiet periods.
Applications Closing Date: 5th November 2023
Interview Date: Weeks commencing 20th and 27th November 2023
Start Date: 15th January 2024
Please send applications to David Robinson – email@example.com